View Single Post
Old 19th May 2020, 12.46:37   #37-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Radical new plans to merge League two and the National League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhosddu Red View Post
Perhaps a weird idea but perhaps lower league clubs should partner to create a “football Netflix” with a massive archive of old matches and databases of transfers and shit. Maybe have some “football insights” or mini documentaries to plug it out.
The archives can be sorted out even during lockdown and there’ll be a steady income year-round which can be split between clubs.
The subscription could then be used to broadcast matches as well if it will make more money than BT sport and I’m not sure if L1 and L2 get that many matches anyway.
Then you could even have “club packages” which club x (Wrexham) would have most of that revenue which would have all the matches of that club only and maybe digital copies of old dvds the club might have made.
As Wrexham have a big fan base this would benefit us and maybe save money for fans of only one club.
I have loved some of the old footage/classic matches being played, but I doubt they would get too many prepared to pay subscription for it. Even Sky and BT have reluctantly and wont advertise it that they will not take subs for the sports channels currently.

We all think of the great footballing teams of the past but when you see those games now, you can see how far more technical football and how much more athletic players look.