Thread: Andy Morrison
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 10.07:46   #7-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Andy Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Linked with the job after Hughes was sacked, he has just led Connah's Quay to the Welsh Premier League title, putting an end to TNS' uninterrupted 9 seasons of dominance. Even though the last few games were not played, it did look for all intents and purposes that Connah's Quay were going to win it anyway.

A lot of people on here turned their noses at the prospect of appointing him at the time, and I'm sure we can attract a higher calibre of manager once structural changes are made within the club. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Morrison would have been a far better appointment than any of our last 3 managers - Barrow, Hughes, Keates.

He is a big, uniting, personality who knows how to implement a successful footballing plan. He was also (presumably) affordable and happy to work in this area.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that he will be managing in the Football League before we get back there (though given our current set up he has an infinite amount of time to achieve that).
To be fair you'd probably been a better appointment than those three.

Think we need to be aiming higher than a WPL manager though unless they perform miracles there are better managers who've done more at a much higher level (i.e. NL and North and South) that should be looked at first.

Plus has Morrison been on a Pep Darlington FAW course?