Thread: Andy Morrison
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 11.45:25   #14-0 (permalink)
Answer Release
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Andy Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Linked with the job after Hughes was sacked, he has just led Connah's Quay to the Welsh Premier League title, putting an end to TNS' uninterrupted 9 seasons of dominance. Even though the last few games were not played, it did look for all intents and purposes that Connah's Quay were going to win it anyway.

A lot of people on here turned their noses at the prospect of appointing him at the time, and I'm sure we can attract a higher calibre of manager once structural changes are made within the club. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Morrison would have been a far better appointment than any of our last 3 managers - Barrow, Hughes, Keates.

He is a big, uniting, personality who knows how to implement a successful footballing plan. He was also (presumably) affordable and happy to work in this area.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that he will be managing in the Football League before we get back there (though given our current set up he has an infinite amount of time to achieve that).

Linked by fans, that's about as far as it got! Wasn't even approached. Our clowns decided to appoint someone with no managerial experience at all instead....

He's as mad as a box of frogs. Football unlikely to be the prettiest but as promotion out of this awful league is our primary objective, I would take that! (someone remind WST about this please)

Lets be honest, we haven't seen any decent football since Mills first took over. Keates has us playing some of the worst football I can remember so why should we be fearful of someone else doing the same but potentially getting us promoted?