View Single Post
Old 17th June 2020, 22.07:42   #1-0 (permalink)
northwalian dragon
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Will you boycott with Keates at the club?

Will you be putting money into the club with Keates employed here?

If not, how much are the club missing out of your income?

I've been a season ticket holder for 17 years. Could never have imagined not renewing. But I won't be. Taking Keates back shows no self-respect and no self-pride. Wrexham were the team that gritted its teeth and always had pride in itself and we'd have a go at anyone. Porto, Roma, Arsenal, Tottenham you name them we'll stick our chest out and have a go at anyone. Now we are the terrified little team with 11 men behind the ball against Ebbsfleet. We're the team that will lie down and let a bloke that the club did so much for walk back into the once proud job after spectacularly failing. They'll let him slither back in when he has the worst win rate of any manager we've had in the conference eta. We're the club that's quite happy to reward failure. We're the club who'll happily let the fanbase be disrespected. That's not Wrexham AFC to me.

Keates coming back for me removes the self-pride and that self-respect in the club. That decision went directly against what Wrexham AFC should stand for. I can't comprehend bringing him back.

1200 down on average attendances this season since Keates came back. That's a huge cost to us. A vicious circle of less budget and an awful manager.

There is a break out clause in Keates' contract.

Now that the league positions have been decided that break out clause musn't have been met.

It must not have been met given Spencer Harris' own expectations of him were to "save the season" and push for the playoffs.

Even if the breakout was met, which if it was serious questions need to be asked, then it would cost £10k

The club need to seriously consider the huge cost of retaining Keates.

We struggle to achieve anything as it is, what chance do we have of achieving anything whilst divided?

If you refuse to put money in with Keates employed here, how much is it costing the club?