Thread: Agents' Fees
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2020, 11.25:24   #17-0 (permalink)
GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Agents' Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Don't follow this comment and that is probably my ignorance of club politics. Surely the manager picks the players he wants to sign and then the club administrators have to work out if we can afford the players wage demands signing on fee etc ? Then the manager must fit that player into a 'style' of play ( i use that term carefully in DK's case).
How can that be controlled (other than the financial side) is difficult for me to follow ?
Something doesn't add up Oswell played as a target man, I could've told whoever for free that wasn't his game. A centre back playing right back because he played a couple of games there at youth level and did okay. You could go on and on, something doesn't add up and really Spencer Harris should be asking why x player looks so out of his depth in whatever position.

Either he's got a useless management team in place more often or not, or those scouting are useless. It's his remit to investigate what's going wrong and where to improve things.

Darlington being given the boot is step one, that won't happen as his wages in part get covered by the FAW Trust. He more than most should've known Oswell isn't a target man, really he should be in the managers ear saying. If the manager won't listen to his coach, then he's clearly forced upon whoever comes in.