View Single Post
Old 26th June 2020, 09.02:49   #20-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Win percentages for Wrexham's non league managers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
[/B]

'Just had to keep it ticking along'. Sounds almost disrespectful.

Don't try and downplay what Morrell did. You wrote that as if its easy. Ask Bryan Hughes how easy it is just to keep things ticking along and then challenge again the next season.

The reason people bang on, as you put it, about Morrell is because he's the only manager since being in non league to actually achieve something here.

Keates isn't fit to lace his boots.

You seem to have forgotten the team Hughes and then Keates inherited, the majority of the squad were challenging for the league under Ricketts.

Lets not try and rewrite history trying to make out Keates inherited a poor squad. After Hughes was sacked a good manager could have turned our season around. Unfortunately we got Keates who made us worse and we sank even lower.
Time will tell, if the board resist changing managers too quickly once again. I would hazard a bet we'll be much closer to top 7 than bottom 7, once Keates puts his own squad together and given the resources we will be challenging for promotion.

Keates didn't inherit a squad that resembled the squad Rickett's squad that were in a play off position, the forward line had completely changed; no Roberts, no Walker; Chambers, JBB, McIntosh and Barton not good enough; Summerfield, Wright and Hooper long term injuries; Carra, Jennings and a less degree Pearson niggling injuries and missing games. So big changes were needed otherwise that squad was more than likely going to get relegated.

Keates wasn't my choice to return, so not sure why I'm arguing against the haters, but now he is here it would be folly to change manager again, and subsequently some players and targets with a new manager, (wasting more money we haven't got) let alone during an extended period of no football.