View Single Post
Old 26th June 2020, 10.19:56   #27-0 (permalink)
John Neals Dynasty
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Time will tell, if the board resist changing managers too quickly once again. I would hazard a bet we'll be much closer to top 7 than bottom 7, once Keates puts his own squad together and given the resources we will be challenging for promotion.

Keates didn't inherit a squad that resembled the squad Rickett's squad that were in a play off position, the forward line had completely changed; no Roberts, no Walker; Chambers, JBB, McIntosh and Barton not good enough; Summerfield, Wright and Hooper long term injuries; Carra, Jennings and a less degree Pearson niggling injuries and missing games. So big changes were needed otherwise that squad was more than likely going to get relegated.

Keates wasn't my choice to return, so not sure why I'm arguing against the haters, but now he is here it would be folly to change manager again, and subsequently some players and targets with a new manager, (wasting more money we haven't got) let alone during an extended period of no football.

The board resist changing managers to soon, you're supporting Keates who when given the job we were told it was a 3 year project to get promotion, he was given a big budget supplemented with the begging bowls of build the budget.

3 years, first chance of jumping overboard after spending the fan money from BTB was disrespectful to the fans and the club for giving him his chance in management.

So bringing him back was also disrespectful to the fans.

Get rid
Posted via mobile theme