View Single Post
Old 27th June 2020, 09.20:52   #35-0 (permalink)
fluffysheepsupporter
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Season threatened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
It was poorly phrased I agree. From my understanding of his post though, he was making a distinction between those who understandably are reluctant to go out ( the old and those shielding) and others who do need to stop being so scared. The latter do exist and are now a problem, most notably those who will not send their children back to school , which is actually a form of child neglect.

His basic premise, which in my view is correct, is that we have to get life back to some form of normality and manage the risks as best possible. This includes, at some point, mass events.
Coming back to a new season and mass events I think we will see something well less than a mass event at the Racecourse back end of September. The way I see things happening is firstly the National League hint towards a resumption of their leagues with a reduced number of supporters present under strict controls. The club would then release season tickets telling supporters that they will probably need one to get into the ground. Starting off matches at 30% capacity which would mean around 2500 maximum in the stadium spread socially distant across all three stands . Those who have moaned all winter about Spencer , Pete, Keates and the board will presumably not apply and could catch a bus to watch the Jesters . That would leave plenty of space for those with season tickets to enjoy the matches. All problems solved!