View Single Post
Old 27th June 2020, 11.01:22   #40-0 (permalink)
petered
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Season threatened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
It was poorly phrased I agree. From my understanding of his post though, he was making a distinction between those who understandably are reluctant to go out ( the old and those shielding) and others who do need to stop being so scared. The latter do exist and are now a problem, most notably those who will not send their children back to school , which is actually a form of child neglect.

His basic premise, which in my view is correct, is that we have to get life back to some form of normality and manage the risks as best possible. This includes, at some point, mass events.
Back in March when there was around 150 deaths from Covid in a day most poeple were scared,worried because we had no idea what we were dealing with and no cure.People were shocked it coukd kill so many on a daily basis. Yesterday was the same amount of deaths. We still have no cure and we still know little about how to deal with it but wd have become complacent. 'Oh,there were only 150 deaths. Its all good,nearly gone!' Yeah,thats because of lockdown and people adering to social distancing measures on the whole.
Give me one good reason why yhings like football matches should be allowed to go ahead with crowds. The only reason The Premier League is up and running again is money. No other reason whatsoever. Otherwise,why aren't the lower leagues doing the same? Simple.It brings minimal benefit to our wonderful government. There are more people going to work in factories such as Airbus than we get through the turnstiles on your average week.
But thats ok because of the financial implications involved.

Last edited by petered; 27th June 2020 at 11.03:39..