View Single Post
Old 28th June 2020, 18.31:54   #17-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Marvellous' BBC 2 - 9.00 pm Wed 01 July

Quote:
Originally Posted by master bater View Post
I was told how good it was so bought it on DVD a few years ago. Me and the missus watched the first ten minutes and thought it was a bit depressing. Maybe I will have to give it another go.
I'll grant you it's a slow start, but not for long - you must give it another go - you have missed a real treat and as you know I only deal in quality ! If you watch the full 90 minutes and think it's crap or depressing then you will be an extreme rarity.

Like a good artist / a musical concert it builds slowly but do give yourself a few minutes to truly 'bed in' and get into it. Not just a football story but 'human relationships' involving his mother, his best friend and the clergy, and of course the then Stoke City manager Lou Macari who gave him the job as kit man at SCFC - you will be going around for the rest of the week exclaiming ' xxxxxxx is a very good friend of mine'.

The performance of Welsh actor Toby Jones in portraying Neil Baldwin would be impossible to be bettered - he was made for the part.