View Single Post
Old 29th June 2020, 11.47:20   #27-0 (permalink)
TopCornerFergie
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
This is what will happen.
The best players available will sign for other clubs as this club stands by watching.
The shills on here will say these players 'aren't that good' and find any feeble excuse to explain why we shouldn't have signed said players.

Keates will then sign a load of unknowns, punts and toothless generally useless or not suitable players. He might if we're lucky manage to land one or two decent players but then don't forget the Pep D regime of ruining players will then be inflicted on them.

The chances of us signing quality is more unlikely to happen now more than ever because this club is a complete circus act from the very top down.

Players and agents will be fully aware of the number of managers we go through and our inability to keep hold of the odd decent one we manage to stumble across.
I've got a funny feeling that this coming season we might be at an advantage. If a footballer is looking for security then Wrexham is certainly a more appealing prospect than other clubs in our league. I can't see there being any big spending owners this time around. Any chairman in the current climate would be torn to shreds for making an Adam Rooney style signing while staff are coming back from furlough.

I agree we have to ditch Darlington and start with a clean slate; but I trust Keates will sign some good players, even if he doesn't last the season.

The quality of players will be a real gamble - a player with a decent scoring record from September-March may have fallen behind with fitness since lockdown. This season, more than ever, we need to target players who are used to being at the top end of the NL, or local players who will play out of their skin for Wrexham.

Any repeats of signing players with records like JBB, Adam Barton and McIntosh should be stamped out. Keates had the nous to freeze them out, so that bodes well.