View Single Post
Old 30th June 2020, 10.02:11   #52-0 (permalink)
billybersham
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Surely its the opposite? The rate we go through mangers will be a huge concern for a player. They might sign for us under Keates and he might have walked or been sacked by Christmas. At this club its highly likely they'll finish the season under a different manager than the one they started the season with. Then they might get frozen out etc because the new manager doesn't rate them.

Not sure about Chairman not spending because they've brought staff back from furlough either. If they're back and being paid what' the issue? I think that's wishful thinking.

I wouldn't read too much into Keates freezing out JBB, Adam Barton and McIntosh either. Everyone could see they weren't good enough apart from Bryan Hughes of course. I remember the first time I saw McIntosh play and after about 10 minutes it was clear as day he was way out of his depth.
Watched Mcintosh&Jbb play at Hartlepool last season both players looked if they had come from Sunday league football,but then some fans wanted Mcintosh to have more game time as he scored twice against St Mirrens reserves.