View Single Post
Old 1st July 2020, 08.10:34   #35-0 (permalink)
Jaded
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Good reason to ignore this site. I'm convinced the hostiles are all chester supporters . If not then they need to bite the bullet and work through the club by standing for election and doing the hard work. Failing that all get together raid your piggy banks and offer to buy the club. Then we might have some real information to deal with..
"Hostiles" is a really interesting choice of word here. There definitely seem to be some people who feel any criticism of the current board is 'hostile'. For me, despite being a staunch supporter of fans ownership since before the WST were - I was one of the relatively few people saying we should try and find a way to go it alone rather than throw our weight behind Moss and Dickens - I had a somewhat idealistic view of the WST as a democratic body which would listen to its members.

Sadly, the issues with motions not being acted on, questions sent in for the Q & A being completely ignored, heckling at meetings which the chair does nothing to discourage, and misinformation being fed to members leaves me unable to support the current board. If you feel only those people who can either stand for election or buy the club should be able to criticise, that's certainly a point of view. For me, I would really like to see the club be as good as it can be, so will continue to speak out if I think mistakes are being made, just as I have done ever since the Hamilton/Guterman days.

Obviously, other people have different priorities, and if you feel that the need to massage the board's ego is more important, then I wouldn't dream of telling you you're wrong.