View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.34:08   #29-0 (permalink)
-luke
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Appeared to be full of his own importance but proven to be out of his depth! Incidentally, not all RP posters hide behind their pseudonyms when constructively criticising the WST Board! You know who I am!
Agree he is out of his depth in his role, not sure he is full of self importance though... For all the bad, Pete loves the club I just believe honestly that like most of the trust hard-line he is too wedded to the idea of maintaining the status quo. I think they mostly mean well, but poor execution and lack the ability to reflect on their achievements or lack thereof.

There are some very nasty, murky behaviours lurking at the club though - the recent attempt to discredit Don Bircham is just one example of this.

Most disappointing in Petes statement is the not so thinly veiled swipes he takes at other fans and his distaste for the EGM attempt... The swipe at fans furthers the prevalence of an us and them attitude, the lack of respect for the EGM process indicates a lack of respect for the democratic process which Pete himself helped to establish.