View Single Post
Old 25th July 2020, 09.51:38   #44-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Training Ground Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
Being in the town has never been more important..It's these out of town business parks that have killed the town centres itself and reduced to boarded up windows..Surely this is a community facility and may generate revenue...
No good having state of the art pitches miles outside that is used for a couple of hours a few times a week...The only way clubs are going to survive now is through business models that provide inclusion to the wider community..The legendary Groves site is being saved for the purpose of the town football team and not some flats or dolls houses thrown up in no time..
I would question that the cost of a 4 g pitch does seem low but they do state it can be added to over time
I haven't got a problem and welcome it...Get on with a new training ground and redeveloped Kop ..I haven't got years to moan about something else for the sake of it
Agreed, we should just get on with it. We need our own facilities and building on a partnership with WBC has got to be good for the town and the club. Developing training facilities and the Racecourse, to anything like the standards before the arrival of the asset strippers that otherwise may have taken decades to achieve, if at all, a partnership with WBC, WAG and Glyndwr is going to be critical.