View Single Post
Old 28th July 2020, 11.52:14   #49-0 (permalink)
KingBuxton_Forever red

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Twitter: @

Default Re: The bootlegger podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead View Post
45 mins in the rant about his feeling to the current board. I think it’s mainly to do with them asking him to stop doing his vlogs
That bit p*ssed me off. Saying Bootlegger put us on the map (Bootlegger didn't say that to be fair to him.) As if we had no club before all this hysteria.

One of the main problems with the podcast is there is no meat on the bone. How he is coping with all the sudden popularity or anything like that. No explanation as to why he isn't allowed to do his vlogs (I am sure there is a legal issue) and just vague slagging off by those other 2 lads of the club.

Instead, they had a call in section. Some lad from Wrexham called in to ask what was the worst thing he had ever done, was it "a big shit". No idea why the club don't want to piggyback onto this podcast gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
Ha ha true. But those lads aren’t doing it for the fun of it.
Of course, its mutually beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Is he sober on any of his YouTube stuff? I always got the impression that he was drunk for all his stuff and that was one of the things people liked about it?

Agree with KBFR that the 'straight men' are needed to give it structure from what I've heard. I listened to a bit and it's not my kind of thing (mainly because podcasts in general don't appeal to me much) but it's great to see this level of success from someone from Wrexham; I hope he earns a ton through Patreon.
Same, all power to him he comes across as very nice throughout. Calling all his followers "friends" and generally just being diplomatic, but for me he was TOO drunk, so much so they straight men struggled to keep it together.