View Single Post
Old 1st August 2020, 10.10:59   #15-0 (permalink)
noisy1
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
I think in the scenario where you're dragged into your employers office or HR department, no matter the circumstances, there is often an element of panic... Its your livelihood, your means of supporting your family. Imagine the situation, being told that your job is at risk because of something you've said about the way a football club is running on a social media platform totally unrelated to your employer... The last thing on your mind is most likely the thought to ask for written evidence of the complaint allegation. Once it's all put to bed, can you imagine going back and raking it up to ask for copies of the correspondence or a written report from HR detailing the event. Not an easy thing to do. Id not believe it myself, but I've known one of the people who has made such a claim since I was about 11, and they are not the sort of person to make something up for attention or any other reason.

It's a spiteful mindset. When I was in sixth form (so long ago now) while RP was managed by someone else, my username was registered using my college email as at home I didn't have a computer or access to the Internet. I made a stupid throwaway comment that wasn't offensive in nature, I shouldn't have said it, but the RP admin at that time reported it to the college and I lost my Internet access. I'm not drawing a direct comparison just highlighting that there is a type of person who takes pleasure in wielding some kind of power over others.

Anyway back on track... I truly wish that someone who has experienced this is somehow in a position to obtain written evidence supporting the allegations because surely this needs to have a line drawn under it at some point. Even a report from HR detailing the investigation would serve as evidence and I'm certain you're entitled to ask for this?
Would any employer really take it seriously?

I mean a football club as large as Wrexham go crying to whichever company / business about he's said / she's said.

Its just pathetic!