View Single Post
Old 1st August 2020, 14.39:51   #38-0 (permalink)
cardiffred
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
To a degree, yes. That said, it could be quite intimidating for any prospective candidate to put their neck out there and not just tow the line.

I don't have the skills required, the know-how to be on a board but I don't think that discredits me from calling out things that don't seem right. If I did have skills that I feel could benefit the club, I'd be extremely wary of putting myself out there.

I get the argument that to seriously influence some change, you may have to put yourself forward but you then need more like minded individuals to do the same who are prepared to be scrutinised maybe to a level that isn't really warranted.

When that Wayne guy from Radio Wales ruffled a few feathers, sure enough, the odd customer review from the business he was involved in is posted up on here.

If people start delving into the lives of board members then it suddenly becomes bullying and personal.

Anybody standing that isn't just a yes man/woman, you have my utmost respect and probably my vote, although whether it's needed is another matter.
Yes. That wasn't a dig at anyone who decided not to stand as a result of that. If I lived nearer, I'd think about it but totally get why people thought it not worth it.

But you are right. it needs a group of people willing to do that or nothing will change. We were told there would be big changes by those who think they're in the know. Reality appears to be very different. To change the focus can not be on individuals trying to get change but, for now, a movement.