Thread: EGM Live Thread
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2020, 21.03:41   #114-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: EGM Live Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
I’d suggest that available sites in Wrexham were not available or more expensive. The site at Groves is available pending the covenants at peppercorn rent. And it’s central and accessible.
In my humble opinion the board have done a lot of work on this and to be commended. I hope it’s been voted through. If there are viable alternatives then where are they. A very professional presentation and discussion, particularly Spencer explaining the whole project. If people have constructive comments then I’m sure the board would welcome them. After all we are all wanting the same thing, a successful Wrexham FC as we are supporters. Of course this is my opinion and I respect that others may have a different view, have a great rest of the day .
That's just it though. We don't know whether the alternatives are viable or not because there wasn't any detail on them, and to be honest on the Groves site proposal to satisfy a positive vote IMO.
A full report showing ,say ,three or four options, costings, legal issues etc which comes out showing the Groves truly is the best option would go a long way to reassuring many fans.

But I don't recall seeing that. Happy to be corrected if it was there.

Oh and I saw you posted your above quote on the Wrexham fans United Facebook page with the accompanying text wondering how long it would take someone on RP to call you delusional or words to that effect.

Not very 'United' behaviour is it. That will do nothing but create more divide between posters on there and posters on here. We need to be working together regardless of our ultimate views.

IMO RP has a wide mix of posters who, despite questioning a lot of what the board do or have done, are passionate about the best for the club even if it ruffles feathers. It's not always negativity as it provokes debate and allows people to make their own judgement.

The quashing of anything negative on that Facebook group is actually just as bad as what people perceive is on RP, stifling debate is not the way to go. Yes, you get idiot posters but you do everywhere. If it's personal then warnings and bans are expected.