View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2020, 17.19:25   #4-0 (permalink)
Jaded
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Is Red Passion just a forum for extremists now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCol View Post
As a lifelong wrexham fan I have enjoyed reading red passion over the years and in conversation with fellow supporters I know we often observe that whilst there is often abusive and seemingly misinformed or highly judgemental commentary there are also some really well informed and knowledgeable contributions.

Based on that, in the past I have tended to see it as a good barometer of the opinions of Wrexham fans about a range of topics.

However I am now left questioning this stance. Reading this forum in advance of the EGM it would seem that the prevailing views were against the motion for the Groves whilst in fact it won by a ratio of nigh on 3-1.

I am left wondering if the views expressed on RP are really now just those of extreme views about Wrexham FC ? I also wonder if it’s value as a genuine forum for debate has disappeared perhaps due to the abusive and judgemental nature of some of the comments on here.

For me that is a shame - I wonder if there are others out there (especially those who read more than post) who feel the same ?
I don't think it's a good barometer. I think people who post on here are more aware of things going on such as the failure to act on democratically-voted on motions, and the board signing off on minutes which they stated "Concerns were voiced regarding Mr Bircham acting without informing the board and there was a feeling that we need to check transactions from that era", even though they later stated that "Following the brief publication of unredacted minutes from the Trust Board meeting of 20th May 2020, the Society Board of Wrexham Supporters Trust would like to clarify that Don Bircham is not being investigated into anything to do with Football Club matters, including the breach of the Board Members Policy.

We apologise to Don for his name being mentioned in this section, which caused this impression. Peter Jones, Chairman of the WST, has also called Don to offer his apologies in person.

Further to this, and following the investigation into the club accounts in regards to the three loans made, the Society Board are satisfied that the interest-free loans made by Don to the Football Club, were made with other Directors’ knowledge and in the best interest of the Football Club at the time."

For me, if you're aware of all of these things, you're probably less likely to have full faith in the current board.

As to your last point - I definitely think some people could be less judgemental. I'm still happier debating on here than on other forums where people's addresses have been posted by those who disagree with them, which seems massively intimidating to me; I don't think anyone on RP would stoop that low.