View Single Post
Old 13th September 2020, 12.45:10   #35-0 (permalink)
138+NotOut
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central
Twitter: @

Default Re: Darlington signs new contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
I was referring to the clubs management of his contract in relation to the failures under his involvement amongst other things.

But whilst you brought the subject up, several players are than happy to comment on what they think of CD.

What has he achieved so far at Wrexham fc?
What has he achieved in a coaching capacity within the professional game so far?
What’s your view on the ‘set up not to lose’ tactics implemented by him over a succession of managers?
Why did Sam Rickets start phasing him out which he didn’t like?
Why haven’t any managers that have moved on taken him with them? (Including Keates)
Why are we the only professional football club in the uk with a head coach working one day a week?
Why is he Involved in the recruitment of managers and subsequently protecting his own role?
Do you have any positives to offer in relation to CD? Any?!
Set up not to lose tactics, like it or not, makes us competitive in this league. We probably would have made the POs if Keates wouldn't have left. We were dire under Mills the season before. We probably would have made top 3 if Ricketts stayed. I appreciate we were more attacking but how do you know he phased Darlington out? Hughes tried to change the tactics and it failed. Partial due to the players he signed and him being inept. If we'd have stuck to out guns and signed 3 class attackers you never know.

I'm assuming he stays at Wrexham as he works part time.

Is he involved in protecting his own role? I know it's been rumoured but no one actually knows if that's a requirement for the job is to work with Darlington (Mills didn't)

I'm not here to say he's the best coach ever, I'm just not sure he's as bad as anyone makes out. I appreciate he's cheap and part time but I'm confident if Keates didn't want him he'd be gone and I think our defensive football is dire to watch but it's 100% more effective than trying to match Salford etc