View Single Post
Old 14th September 2020, 09.34:00   #62-0 (permalink)
KingBuxton_Forever red

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Twitter: @

Default Re: Darlington signs new contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_gog View Post
I must admit i don't quite understand the antagonism towards Darlington on here. Surely as a well thought of coaches' coach who's local and a fan of the club he'd only bring positives to the club.

Isn't a coach's job to coach the Manager's philosophy and style of play into the players ?

Just because a couple of players have supposedly commented on him "at the gym" doesn't make it a fact that the "Players don't like him", in fact considering our turnover of players over his time here, I'd have expected significantly more players to come out bad mouthing him if it was all down to him and his coaching to be honest.

I've never seen him coach, I don't know the bloke from Adam, I have no allegiance to him or his distractors but the vilification of him, (a long standing member of our backroom staff) on here is frankly astounding, its is as if he's an outed Cestrian .....
I think on a very basic level people don't seem to like how he seems to survive despite on field failure, which is a valid point really.

Managers & players fail to deliver and come and go, but he seems to be above it all. Very odd situation.