View Single Post
Old 15th September 2020, 12.55:55   #34-0 (permalink)
3pmsaturday
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: How Much Do We Sell The Club For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Sam View Post
Any funds the WST have in the bank should be used to the benefit of the football club when the takeover is agreed. I think legally the new owners have to pay something... so £1. Any funds the WST have is OUR money so it should be used for the purpose of benefitting the club going forwards. If the club folded then thats when the cash could be distributed to local charities but in a take over scenario then most members would surely wish to see it for the primary purpose ... the benefit of Wrexham FC.
It depends what you call benefiting the club going forward?

I stand to be told I'm wrong but the Trust is the greatest ever benefactor to the club in its history. You are right, I would like to see the Trust continuing to do that but also being there for when and if needed. Its all potentially rosy but I just see the club at the centre of any concerns about funding.

Given our footballing performances, lack of strategy etc, I am not adverse to a change of tack (with regret) if it means the club flourishes but we need always to think of its saftey and security for generations.