View Single Post
Old 15th September 2020, 17.47:51   #13-0 (permalink)
ConwyRed
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Cautious optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigJ View Post
For a start I have voted yes straight away to the first question. It is a no brainer to see more detail and I feel that the WST statement implies that this is a legitimate bid.
But for the second stage I am approaching this with cautious optimism. I think most fans would recognise that the club wouldn’t be here without WST but the past 5 or 6 years just haven’t been up to scratch. Additionally the competition at this level is now higher than ever and money certainly talks. Under the WST we simply won’t have the money to compete every year without significant changes in the way the club is run.
That being said I am cautious that the new owners are reputable and trustworthy. I have seen lots of fans on here and on Facebook that are willing to sell regardless. We only need to look at Bury and see where that could end. I am not going to vote yes to sell unless I am as sure as I can be that due diligence has been undertaken.
Finally I am slightly bothered about who the two buyers are. I just hope we are not turned into a circus if they are celebrities. That being said provided their intentions are decent it’s something I’ll swallow and vote for.
Overall it feels quite exciting to think that we could soon be in a position where the club can compete financially to get out of this hellhole of a league. Hopefully the owners get a decent football person in to run the club and we can move forward.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully all WST members will be similarly cool and measured in their thoughts about any offer.