View Single Post
Old 15th September 2020, 18.12:03   #18-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: National League re-start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
It would also be sensible to ban away supporters until at least the New Year.

I would have thought QR's opinion on how things would be segregated seems sensible and sufficient. But by the time all our insane politicians put their oar in we could end up with anything but common sense.
It's already doing the rounds that capacity will be limited to 1,000 - regardless of how many supporters follow each club.

The away fan issue is massive - as previously stated - to impose a ban for part of the season would be unfair - example we have no away support at Stockport in December but when they come to us they could potentially have an away following.

Every other seat row will be eliminated - how many seats taken out between supporters open to debate - then what to do with family groups - cross over points / stairways / toilets / refreshment kiosks - turnstiles / exit gates / car park approaches - all will require a planned way of managing the risk.

I can see ST holders & club members being first in allocation (if at all) beyond that the casual supporter wont get a look in even if we start with crowds in October - Peterborough United already had players with Covid at the weekend self isolating - this wont go away and it will no doubt get worse as winter approaches - I am still perplexed as to how the away team travels to the home club - Boreham Wood players and management all aboard a single coach for several hours each way - if that's not a recipe for Covid then nothing else is - only need one player with symptoms and the domino effect will kick in - total logistical nightmare until a tried and tested vaccine is available to the masses - and that's not going to happen any time soon.