View Single Post
Old 16th September 2020, 15.31:11   #35-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Macclesfield Town wound up in High Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Even when they won the National League title a few years back they were creaking and players were not getting paid - heading the same way as Bury and there are likely to be even more - Southend United ?

Should the football world bale them out ? there are enough big clubs out there paying astronomical wages to individual players.

Esther Rantzen was on Breakfast TV talking about the BBC and pointing out Gary Lineker is taking a £400,000 pay cut whilst pensioners over 75 no longer are entitled to a free TV licence - it's a similar situation down on 'the grass' - the Football League could surely band clubs into a preservation society to help out those in financial trouble - but there again I suppose some would abuse it - football stinks in reality - the only possible saviours are probably the fanbase of Macclesfield Town itself - and perhaps aided by supporters of other clubs - however they would have to find a way of standing on their own two feet eventually.
Asking Premier league clubs to provide monies that can be used to pay players wages etc is fine for me. But that is just emergency help. Asking them to prop up clubs that basically mis-managed their way out of our league while we were trying to do it right is just plain wrong.
I don't care what prem players earn - good luck to them.