View Single Post
Old 16th September 2020, 15.58:37   #40-0 (permalink)
bartonbank
Administrator

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Macclesfield Town wound up in High Court

Looking at this I cannot see any other club being promoted to fill the gap. I also don't see how Ebbsfleet could return as they have budgeted for NLS, the fixtures are out and, if they did gain a reprieve then it would leave NLS 2 teams short so a team from NLN would have to swop leagues. That is just a mess and impractical*

The downside is we don't have the money from the Christmas/New Year games but there will still be a question as to how many fans will be allowed into games anyway, so the loss may not be so bad. The upside is that not having those two things, squad wise, may be a real bonus. Including a Cup weekend there are SEVEN matches in December and that will take a toll on players. We will have over a week's rest before we play Stockport on the 28th; they will have played Alty on the 26th! We then have a break until 9th January when we play Woking at home.

I think the plus point outweighs the loss of the fixtures looking at it; of course, if we are bobbing around in lower mid table it won't matter at all.

**We have seen how the NL act; they will probably do everything I have said they shouldn't!