View Single Post
Old 13th October 2020, 14.26:37   #20-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs Maidenhead

A few comments.

Lainton - he may be solid but is very slow at releasing quick ball and distribution.
Does he command his box and catch crosses ?

Young extremely industrious and at the heart of everything.

The only creativity going forward was by Durrell - it's no use being laboured and slow - there comes a time when someone has to run at the opposition direct.

The BT Sport commentary team hit the nail on the head - there is no creativity in the final third or not enough.

Seen enough of Thomas now to declare we have been landed with a dud.
For a big fella he is weak, unbelievably ponderous and can't stand up - spends more time on his arse and his first touch isn't great - come back Mike Fondop because although we keep changing personnel they are no better.

I thought when Yussuf and Rutherford came on we moved up a gear and momentum / intensity was accelerating nicely - unfortunately after the long stoppage due to the clash of heads we never got going again.

Davies - I just don't see anything there to shout about - I didn't in his first spell and nothing has changed - a footballer is either good, bad or indifferent regardless of the position he is asked to play in.

Jarvis looked a better option when he came on.

Not enough creativity from enough players with a desire to make things happen instead of passing the spinning plate to someone else.

From the first minute Maidenhead closed down our players and were in their faces - having said that I can't remember a game where we didn't score yet hit the bar, had 3 free headers, a disallowed goal and two clear penalty appeals - that sais they had two clear headers they should have scored from.