View Single Post
Old 15th October 2020, 13.37:40   #30-0 (permalink)
Bigmike
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Giggs and Dean - joint inventors of a new approach to football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
How old are you , 7 or 8 maybe ?

You must be or you would be like most of us as Welsh football fans, scarred by Anfield 1977, Ninian Park 1985, Cardiff Arrms Park 1993 and the Millienium Stadium 2003.

All heartbreaking occasions where we entertained for sure but just didn't have that killer instinct and sheer grit to get over the line. Give me a dour 1-0 win any day over a heroic, attacking defeat.

We are a tiny nation punching way above its weight with a plethora of youngsters who are coming through who look so comfortable in the environment.

I think Giggs has done an incredible job results wise when you consider the absentees and has qualified for a major tournament at his first attempt and currently sits top of the Nations League group. "Lucky late goals" (What exactly was lucky about them ?) ha, What I would have done for a late "Lucky" Welsh goal in any of the above games.

Cheer up, it's good being a Welsh football fan whether you like the manager or not
Amen to that great post. I well remember the games you mention and was at Anfield for the infamous penalty. Last night the passing was good the tempo was excellent. The lads worked incredibly hard pressing bulgaria when they had possession. Lastly we won. Well done Giggs.