View Single Post
Old 15th October 2020, 16.44:12   #42-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: The balanced argument re takeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
A lot of individuals know the constitution.
That's the rules by which the trust run the club and was verified by the members.
There may well be a problem that a challenge could be made to a sale by using the constitution but by the same token the members could decide to change or remove the relevant clauses at an EGM.
It would even be possible to do this at the Extraordinary meeting to accept a bid if the details were acceptable.
2 Proposals linked to each other. First one changes the constitution, Second vote, if first one passes, to accept the offer.
I think this is what will need to happen. The sticking point will be whether the WST Executive and Wrexham AFC Board agree to the sale. There will always be some residual voters who will want fan-ownership to be given another chance, but most of those WST members who have genuinely not made up their mind will follow the example of the leadership.

Still keeping an open mind on this, and awaiting the 'Vision Thynge' to be released; but I cannot think of a scenario wherein two highly respected celebrities would risk their reputations by buying the club to then put it in further jeopardy. It just doesn't stack up.