View Single Post
Old 15th October 2020, 17.04:02   #44-0 (permalink)
Jaded
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The balanced argument re takeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I wouldn't want a buy back option to be negotiated by the WST

I'd even go so far as to say I'd trust R&R less if they agreed to one
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon4012 View Post
Why would that make you trust them less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpersforgoalposts View Post
Some people say the silliest things

Don't want to speak for NWD, but a buyback clause would seriously concern me for the following reason.

Imagine the following scenario - 2/5/10 years down the line, R & R decide to sell. There are 3 interested parties.

1. Celebrity or celebrities of similar profile to R & R. They've followed the club as a result of the increased profile, think they can take the club on further, and have enough money that the nightmare B & Q scenario seems extremely unlikely.

2. Local person, long-time fan, who's earned a ton of money in the intervening years and is in a position to buy. Someone who's supported the club for many years, is known to the fans, and who most people trust not to screw us over.

3. The WST, as they are now. Still consisting of the board who routinely take a staggering amount of time to post minutes, who can't always release accurate minutes, and who've been dishonest on numerous occasions. In charge of finances is still the guy who somehow managed to forget about a sizeable loan to the club. The people who've failed to carry out the shadowing resolution or the second platform resolution are still hanging in there.

Obviously, this is a best-case scenario, but in that scenario I'm fairly sure the WST would be the party I'd least want in charge!