View Single Post
Old 16th October 2020, 05.30:17   #67-0 (permalink)
dragonspark
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: The balanced argument re takeover

the wst saved the club by creating a centre point for everyone else to donate money to, i thank those individuals who gathered in the supporters funds and used that money to ensure the continuation of the club, thankyou fellas, i think the clearing of the debt in one foul swoop was a big mistake, the wst should have negotiated with debtors to pay off the debts in a sustainable way and then use capitol aquired to invest in management and team, however as all funds were used to clear debts, the wst then found they had no funds to tick over let alone invest in football which resulted in secretly borrowing money, which was paid back but left the club in a position where we could not aquire decent football staff and hence the gradual decline.
When one factors in the various substantial windfalls that have been induced and being the highest/second highest supported team in the division there have been more than sufficient funds to have ensured league football,there is also the potential of Wrexham fc which has not been tapped, bad financial and management decisions have ensured the gradual decline of Wrexham fc to the point where we now face a real possibility of liquidation, fan ownership has not been good for Wrexham fc, it is a good and noble idea but has proved to be damaging to the club, harsh facts to swallow but non the less true, i thank the trust/board for their efforts, i sympathise with them for their mistakes, they meant well and still do but i thank them most of all for realising that time is up.