View Single Post
Old 16th October 2020, 17.37:18   #12-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Web developer needed...

You can't put the business on hold - what happens if it all falls apart?

I remember a great thread on here from 2012 ish where I suggested Wordpress, with Fleetwood given as an example as they were using it well, however I was advised such a CMS was not possible on 'such a big site'. Offers for volunteering were ignored, and emails were effectively passed about.

On the topic of web dev - a plus point is the below hack that was still active in May this year has since been plugged on the WST /www3 archive site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Caution for using the old WST site!

Just looking back at some old results for the draw - the archived Joomla site for the WST appears to have an injection attack that kills the site on mobile and spams ads (the old archived site, not the new one) that can take over phone browser.

It also appears to have been hacked for link injection too:

The official site got hacked a few months ago too, something that was made out to be a minor thing but in the end saw several thousand pages auto published.

Edit: It seems the /www3/ site is running Joomla 2.5.28 which saw 'end of life' December 31st, 2014.

The official site full site hack last year that was played down, it saw several hundred pages published of spam, but was made out it was a google issue (!) so hopefully any new site or provider will be more believable.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
What's with the website search result when you google it?

Looks like a Japanese electronics website lol.

#tinpot

If you do a site:wrexhamafc.co.uk search in google it shows hundreds (G says over 298 - and possibly several thousand)) of pages of content had been created with various tech spam in it and published on the club site - now all deleted.

As an example, do site:wrexhamafc.co.uk/fixtures and at the time of posting it shows that page was replaced with the spam site.

The google cache is still visible showing what would have appeared to anyone visiting the site on 4 Sep 2019 around midnight.

If you do site:wrexhamafc.co.uk/ and view cache of the top result you can see what the front page of the site looked like at that point.

Google is usually quite prompt at respidering stuff, so the warning message and cache stuff should filter out over the next few days.

I would question our website provider if they are passing this off as something specific to something google would only see on a technical level, as that is clearly and demonstrably just not correct.

Edit: Looking further some spam pages are in google cache dated 30 Aug 2019 12:13:20 GMT as well so there was some duff compromised content on there for a longer period rather than just a couple of hours .