View Single Post
Old 17th November 2020, 22.35:01   #11-0 (permalink)
Lods
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs the Pools

Lainton: 7 - Kept us in it first half and kept a clean sheet. Thought he was close to making a mistake (when he dropped it when he tried to create a counter attack in the 2nd half stands out) but got away with it.
Horsfield: 5 - I like him but most of Hartlepool's attacks were coming down his side. When they brought on Ofosu he looked lost but thankfully they had no end product.
Vassell: 6 - There's a player in there but most centre backs can't put up with a constant bombardment like Keates teams are set up to take. Did well to keep a clean sheet though.
Kelleher: 7 - The better of the two centre backs we're playing at the moment. Isn't perfect by any means but had a good showing tonight.
Reckord: 6 - Game of two halves. First half was absent but played some good stuff in the second.
Durrell: 6 - Got his goal and took it well but didn't seem to do much beyond that. All the midfield tonight were similar and suffered from a lack of height/strength to really take control of the game.
Young: 5 - Didn't think he had a great game at all but Keates' team is made to bypass the midfield so I don't think a midfielder can have a great game in this set-up.
Harris: 5 - Was painfully average as well.
Rutherford: 5 - Did nothing really. Ran around, didn't assist or score. Standard.
Ponticelli: 4 - Anonymous.
Thomas: 6 - Won the ball to assist Durrell. Won quite a few headers and flick-ons but for some reason there was rarely anyone within 10 foot of him to take advantage. I think it's the coaching. I'd be surprised if he got 10 goals this season though.

Yussuf: 5 - Came on for us when we were looking to run down the clock. Decent hold up play but this wasn't a match for him to shine in.
Hall-Johnson: N/A - Came on too late to rate.