View Single Post
Old 18th November 2020, 08.21:38   #37-0 (permalink)
NottsRed
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders666 View Post
Dreadful performance. Should have been 3-0 at HT, even second half Hartlepool had a few half chances from corners, i think we got away with it by more luck than anything.

I've got no idea what our gameplan or style of play is meant to be. It's different each week. Earlier in the season we were getting our full backs into high attacking positions and pressing high as a team. Whereas last night durrell was basically playing as a defensive left mid, and rutherford likewise on the other side.

Thomas did the best he could, after countless balls were just aimlessly hoofed up to him.

we looked threatening twice in the game, and both times was when durrell got fed up of being hung out to dry on the wing and found himself behind the striker.

Considering this is a team keates has put together himself, he has no idea how best to utilise players.

The team last night had absolutely no pace in it. We badly need hall-johnson and jeffrey just to add something different.
I don't think Keates knows his best starting 11. Yes we have had some injuries and the Covid disruption hasn't helped but I don't think we have put the same squad out this season. He keeps chopping and changing and putting players in the wrong places.

Im going to put my neck on the line saying this but I honestly believe this squad with a decent manager could get us in the playoffs.