View Single Post
Old 21st November 2020, 07.35:55   #12-0 (permalink)
Dougie Davies
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS usually
Twitter: @

Default Re: Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Saunders built the best team we have had in the national league, his sell on fees saved us too, allowed the WST to piss about with 1.3 million I believe and the Taylor money 500k apparently. Obeng also.

Left the club due to village idiots who couldn’t even send an email to the right person, then they continued with that lack of unprofessionalism for 8 years.
Hold on. Saunders signed that many different players it nearly bankrupted the club. He jumped ship to a higher league where all he got on his Cv was relegation.
The money we got off those sell on clauses added towards clearing the debts.
Now I know some of you love throwing venom towards the WST but don't try and turn the Saunders era into some sort of fairy tale that it wasn't.

Back to the OP. Hughes struggled with billions of pounds at Man City. His negative tactics ruined Wales' play off chances vs Russia and to be honest he's just a crap manager.
Savage isn't a manager. He's now involved with Mac anyway.

We need to look at someone with a track history of Conference/League 2/League 1 who knows the football league and knows promotion. None of the people OP mentions fills that criteria

Last edited by Dougie Davies; 21st November 2020 at 07.39:33..