View Single Post
Old 21st November 2020, 09.00:00   #19-0 (permalink)
Back of the Kop
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Inside Wrexham’s Hollywood Takeover

I listened to the whole interview and thoroughly enjoyed it

I've been one of Spencer's biggest critics and IMHO with good cause but he comes across really well here.

What is apparent is how much he loves the club. He knows it inside out and is proud of its history.

However, what is also apparent is that he's completely out of his depth running a football club.

He doesn't have the knowledge or experience and that has showed in the decision making.I'm not disputing his effort and I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing but there's a reason it's gone wrong.

The other thing he lacks is time. Being a full time HR manager at a factory does not dovetail with being Chairman of a football club. Our HR manager works 11 hours a day and I know how stressful that job is so to run a football club as well is not possible and it shows. Something has to give.

Moving forward I can see Spencer wanting to be involved somewhere in the new regime and in a way I'm finding it hard to begrudge him that but another part of me wants him slung out on his ear for the mess he's made !

I see R&R wanting him on board somewhere for his local knowledge but pleeeeease keep him away from the operational side if the club.He had his chance and royally screwed it up.

I think R&R will want all of the key positions to be full time so he wil be relegated to a minor role

WST Chairman....... no problem.