View Single Post
Old 5th January 2021, 14.38:11   #27-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
As part of the stricter lockdown announced this week i was expecting to see sport without the extensive testing regime of the Premiership and Championship to be suspended.
The new variant has changed everything and it is since its introduction that we have seen Premier league games called off as once it gets into a dressing room it takes out multiple players, where as before it was isolated cases. Are we comfortable with it getting into our dressing room, being passed around several players and possibly infecting their children, vulnerable family members etc?
I think sport without mass testing should have been suspended for January at least and then reviewed
Things are looking quite bleak for the next few months, especially if this new South African variant migrates to Europe.

Would not be surprised if a spate of postponements forces the NL authority's hand into suspending all games fairly soon. If so, it's anyone's guess whether it would be restarted.