View Single Post
Old 11th January 2021, 08.18:18   #138-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Let's make no bones about it our club is miles away from where it should be.

Torquay are looking very good for promotion they have been up down, back up and down and down even more to national league South, they have come back up and overtook us again.. The Wst have basically held this club back with SH and the rest on ego trips, time to move forward with a total clear out.

Fans will have to be very patient when the new owners take over, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Their is a massive amount of work needed to rebuild this club back up from the pit it resides in.

Wst have taken this club backwards in so many ways it could take up to 5 yrs or more to regain our league status. Unless they throw millions at it which I cannot see happening.
Posted via mobile theme
I'm not sure Torquay are a great example. Their owners are property developers who have a really dodgy history with other football and sports stadia.

But they did do one thing right, which was bring in a manager who knows what he's doing, and this is why they are top of the league.

Personally I dont think we need the huge amounts of investment you suggest. Key investment in neglected areas can completely turn us around. Moving away from decisions being made by committees of people who don't understand football will be a big step forward.