View Single Post
Old 16th January 2021, 14.41:32   #230-0 (permalink)
tokyored
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Leader confirms fans want Keates out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
The final season prior to covid, was the average attendance used. As that would fall in line with the ward and Taylor money all at once.

You can sit and argue as much as you want, you cannot deny the budget was a million as standard (as standard) but raised to 1.3million for Hughes, so we for instance added 300k to the budget. Taylor was around 300k and ward for arguments sake let’s days 1.3million (probably more) with Increased attendance over budget, we should have about 1.3 million to play with but we haven’t got a penny of it.

You can argue about 10 or 11 pound but you cannot accept there a 1.6 million minimum black hole somewhere!

300k extra went on the budget which was already set through the clubs financial income as it was previously, where the hell is around 1million plus of cash!

Gavin forgot about multiple 100k loans remember, maybe they forgot about a million in a club account...
I was arguing about the £10 because literally the only issue I had was your numbers which led to a half a million profit. It wasn't £15 per ticket, it wasn't a 4000 predicted attendance and it wasn't a 5500 average crowd. We made more than expected but significantly less than 495k.

As for the 'black hole' I think most people are now aware we're not nearly as financially well off as was made out over the years. We've recently been valued at essentially £0 as we lose money. Without football fortune we'd have been in big trouble even on much smaller budgets.
The last accounts showed around a 900k loss without the ward money and you'd expect similar amounts in the next ones for last season (if we get to see them post takeover).

I don't see anything dodgy going on from the accounts considering they are audited every year and have probably just been analysed to the penny by R&R's team.

Last edited by tokyored; 16th January 2021 at 14.43:21..