Thread: Summer Dealings
View Single Post
Old 18th February 2021, 15.58:51   #32-0 (permalink)
WREXHAM TID
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Summer Dealings

For me we have a great spine to the squad, I like 5-3-2 and actually think we are only 4/5/6 quality players away from a very good squad.

I would retain most of the squad but the difference for next season is 3 things:
1) The players we release are replaced not with squad fillers but with players who have the potential to be the best player in the team.
2) We have a slightly bigger squad of ideally 22-25 first team players.
3) Management and infrastructure - Whether that's Keates or not, I would hope that under new ownership we will have better backroom staff who can improve players in the squad.

Christian Dibble - Keep as back up
Rob Lainton - Keep - not getting a better keeper at this level
Dawid Szczepaniak- Release- 3rd choice keeper can be a academy player

Shaun Pearson - Keep- very tough call based on the last 2 seasons but for his leadership and more of a squad player I would keep him.
Fiacre Kelleher - Keep
Tyler French - Keep
Theo Vassell - Keep
Mark Carrington - Keep - he can cover numerous positions and doesn't let you down
Max Cleworth - Release- unless someone has seen potential in him and he gets a year on loan to develop
James Horsfield - Keep - can cover all across the back so worth another year
Jamie Reckford - Keep as back up
Reece Hall Johnson - Keep

Paul Rutherford- Release
Luke Young- Keep
Devonte Redmond - Release - Unless he performs really well in the last few months of the season - clearly talented but it hasn't worked for him or us.
Dan Jarvis - Keep
Jay Harris - Keep as back up - Great cover, experienced, legs might be going but won't get a better back up at this level.
Elliott Durrell - Release
Jordan Davies - Under contract but I would keep

Dior Angus- Under contract but haven't been to impressed so far jury is still out on him
Jake Bikerstaff - Release- Unless management see potential and a year on loan
Jordan Ponticelli - Under contract- can't work out what's happened to him and I would try and move him on.
Kwame Thomas - Keep - not everyone's cup of tea but has scored a few, energetic, physical and a good platform to build off.

Providing no under contract players leave that gives us 17 players so 5 quality additions in LB, 2 CM'S, 2 Strikers

Next season team would be:
Lainton
Hall Johnson
French
Kelleher
Vassell
New Lb/ Davies

New CM
New CM/Young

Jarvis/ Davies

New Striker
New Striker/ Kwame