Thread: Summer Dealings
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2021, 08.06:28   #50-0 (permalink)
Danny Boy
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)
Twitter: @

Default Re: Summer Dealings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
I honestly don’t think the squad now is as bad as we think it is. It’s just not been utilised correctly from the man in charge. I’d look to get rid of around 4-6 players and then bring in the same amount, but those players have to be 1st team starters & I think we should challenge for the league.

Keeper situation to me is fine, I’d not look to change that. Lainton on his day is the best about in the league & we’ve seen last few weeks how good Dibble is. We can afford them both for sure still.

Defenders - keep Kelleher, French, RHJ & Reckord. Maybe Reckord as cover though. I’d get rid of Vassel, Carringon, Pearson & horsefield.. Keep carra & Pearson involved somehow with coaching if possible?

Midfield - Keep young, Davies & Jarvis without a doubt. I really like them 3. Theyd excell even more with a better squad & hopefully an attacking & better manager. Ruthers, Redmond, Harris, Durrell all to be released.

Strikers - Keep Dior, & release Thomas. May be controversial due to his recent form, but I think with the new money & hopefully exciting football, we won’t be wanting a player similar to Thomas. Release Ponticelli or at least loan him out.

Basis of that, I’d say it’s probably more than 4-6 in & replace! Exciting to see what happens. If Keates is in charge, then I only think we will see a few released.
I think that however we end up playing then we would need a 'big man' in the squad as a plan B option chasing the game or against the teams that sit right back...I think Thomas fits the bill of that type of player that wouldn't always command a starting place but could do the required job when needed.

The midfield is where I would be more ruthless, I would only keep Davies and that is because of his obvious technical ability, and the fact that he is left footed makes him more versatile. I like Jarvis and Young for what we are now, but to be a title chasing team (In this league or league 2) we should be looking for better, a regular goalscoring midfielder, and a strong dominant midfielder to run the game (Like Keates was). I would keep Young on as a back-up but I don't think he would go for that as he is good enough to be starting elsewhere.