View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2021, 21.23:04   #33-0 (permalink)
northwalian dragon
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sack Keates & Co Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry52 View Post
Whilst I totally agree he needs the sack will the likes of BBC and Joe.co.uk care what a bunch of Wrexham fans think? “Ryan Reynolds sacks Wrexham manager after 1 loss in 8” sounds better.

I might be completely wrong but we have to protect the profile of the club now to attract new fans, investment, get people watching the series, make the right people the heroes in the documentary. If they get rid of Keates now, I believe, to the casuals it’ll seem like they were waiting for the first opportunity to sack him. I might be wrong but I think we’re stuck with him until the end of the season or he has an awful run of results.
I just really don't understand this point of view. I've never been upset at an owner of another club sacking their manager. Sacking Ranieri was very harsh but I'm not distraught and wishing for Leicester to lose every game. Its football and its incredibly common. Most of the footballing world will just think "oh they just have their own plans and the manager doesn't fit in". We need to shift from the tinpot mentality. Make the decisions that are right for the club. The documentary won't be boycotted because Dean Keates doesn't get to be in more episodes