Thread: Torquay Verdict
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2021, 10.53:06   #87-0 (permalink)
red under the bed
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Torquay Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Although we created more chances, we were toothless in front of goal. 1st half tactics in particular were appalling, long ball to Angus, into the wind was madness, dibbles goal kicks weren't even reaching half way. Yet again many of our chances came from us getting the ball down and playing football, but once again Keates refuses to play ball to feet for any length of time in a game.
The first 15/20 mins against Notts County we would have walked this league.Quick pass and movement into feet,one touch...
Yesterday makes no sense whatsoever....As you say long balls into the wind to a lone striker ..
I was more optimistic the tactics had changed ...but going back to one upfront is back to the start...I'll never understand why we take so long to take set pieces or the keeper takes an age to take a kick from hands or on the deck...We wasted plenty of extra seconds killing time yesterday and then paid the almost inevitable price of Torquay stealing it at the end..We were happy for a point at home yesterday when again it was obvious we could have taken all 3
I thought Harris ,Rutherford and Davies actually looked like they cared about getting the points yesterday with some urgency and mainly on the deck..Why can't Keates see that we have played better on the floor...Some of the long ball stuff was sunday league hit and hope