Thread: Torquay ratings
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2021, 13.51:22   #14-0 (permalink)
Hometown Unicorn
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Torquay ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Personally I think neither are good enough for where we need to be for next season. But that can be said of most of the current squad.

The Board needs to define what it wants; allocate resources; bring in a part-time DoF; and then let the CEO and DoF create a plan and ensure the aims and objectives are achieved.

FWIW, my opinion remains that the current management team are inept and must be replaced ASAP. And that we have about 7 players with the ability to make it happen.
It just proves how fickle fans can be. Pearson was being lauded after the Bromley game, and was hardly the critical focal point against Notts County. Now after being subbed on in the 92nd minute against Torquay fans are calling him 'finished'? Incredibly harsh in my view. He might not be the first name on the teamsheet anymore but he still has something to offer, if only as a backup.

The comment on Young may be fair to a degree, but I find the midfield are bypassed in most games. When we actually manage to play the ball through the midfield (a rare phenomenon) Young's work rate and his ability to chip in with a few goals over the course of the season warrants a little more than calling him a complete write-off. Granted, these weren't the words Welshian used. I agree that we need better if we are to progress but that doesn't mean Young can't be part of a well-oiled machine.

For me, they could both be useful squad players next season but as I mentioned in the other thread, the jury is still out on both and they now have 11 games to win a contract.