Thread: Torquay Verdict
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2021, 17.35:29   #90-0 (permalink)
Colonel D
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Torquay Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
The first 15/20 mins against Notts County we would have walked this league.Quick pass and movement into feet,one touch...
Yesterday makes no sense whatsoever....As you say long balls into the wind to a lone striker ..
I was more optimistic the tactics had changed ...but going back to one upfront is back to the start...I'll never understand why we take so long to take set pieces or the keeper takes an age to take a kick from hands or on the deck...We wasted plenty of extra seconds killing time yesterday and then paid the almost inevitable price of Torquay stealing it at the end..We were happy for a point at home yesterday when again it was obvious we could have taken all 3
I thought Harris ,Rutherford and Davies actually looked like they cared about getting the points yesterday with some urgency and mainly on the deck..Why can't Keates see that we have played better on the floor...Some of the long ball stuff was sunday league hit and hope
Margins in football can be very fine.
In the last two games if we had won both 1-0 it would have gone with how much play we had.
However an inability to score , especially in the latter stages of games will be our undoing.
Look at the other teams in the pack at the top snatching late winners or draws when heading for defeat.
2 or 3 of the right players would make us play- off certs next season and 5/7 would make us championship contenders.