View Single Post
Old 19th August 2021, 07.57:22   #40-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Szczepaniak signs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
It is weird though, and frustrating, that we have an absolute superstar upfront, light years ahead of everyone in the league, yet we have a substandard goalkeeper, a makeshift defence and no midfield general.
If Lainton, Brisley and Lennon were fit then we wouldn't have an issue, and I get the point that with the injury records of all three (although Lennons issues are as a result of leg breaks not some sort of inherent problem he has) they were all risks. Id be perfectly comfortable.starting with a back three of Hayden, Lennon and French though.

I'm not a fan of Dibble but I do think as a fan base we rate him so low due to his record under Hughes when he completely went to pieces. He was fine last season when he came into the team.

I agree that to go for the title we need something else in midfield. Dave Jones is a good first step but I am confident we will bring in that number 6 before the window closes.

Ultimately we have the majority of the team who finished 8th last season, with a much enhanced forward line. We also look a lot fitter than last season. I just don't think there is any need to panic, personally.