Thread: Dan Sear
View Single Post
Old 8th September 2021, 10.23:11   #117-0 (permalink)
TheRealWelshWayne
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dan Sear

Will be missed.

Last times i was in the shop he was the only engaging one, although there were three others.

I think it's not fair to apportion blame on why he left as he hasn;t put that in the public domain.

From since I first communicated with the club shop over 30 years, it has always been poor at communicating as well as telling the odd porky that a five year old could see through.

Nobody addressed that and so that became the norm as expected business practice, thus it became years out of date. This was actually exacerbated under the WST reign.

So I don't think it's a person to blame but instead the system, likewise someone leaving is a symptom not the cause.

If the club shop phone is not answered that is a symptom also, it either means not enough staff to answer or the worse case, the staff there are too stressed to answer the phone for the fear of what will be asked. (rememebr no-one has gone through this pandemic mentally and emotionally unscathed.)

The system is not fit for practice.

I do hope the club can reach out to Dan and get feedback, perhaps even rehire, that's the best for all concerned.

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 8th September 2021 at 10.24:34..