Thread: Dan Sear
View Single Post
Old 9th September 2021, 09.46:28   #160-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dan Sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Well said.Treating employees in a respectful and appreciative manner is essential in a well-run business. So is understanding your customers (fanbase ) and maintaining open and honest communications. The signs are that the powers that be do not ,sadly, grasp these basic principles. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
Dan Sear was an exemplary employee. I wish him well in his next job. and feel sorry for him over the hand he was recently dealt. It must have been a nightmare.
I'm beginning to think that the concerted effort to achieve success, on the field, is at the expense of the ordinary fan and the most loyal supporters. I expected change but hoped it would be done in a considered way.
A ticketing system that worked ( 8,500 fans previously catered for) has been ditched for a labour intensive system whereby tickets have to be posted out.
Print at home or on the phone tickets have got to be the way forward. It seems ridiculous in this day and age that the technology available is ignored.
We have on going ground improvements for fans inside the ground but still need turnstile operators to scan tickets. Most forward thinking clubs have digital readers at the gates.
Limited access to the Cent for those that can pay for it (Max 120) No access to the 1864 suite. Poor access to concourse bars and no improvement in catering whilst expecting supporters to turn up early to avoid queuing.
The Turf and Maesgwyn have got it right and are looking after the fans and their business. The club needs to have a review of it's policies. Football is nothing without fans. Those that support a winning team can be fickle, Those that support the club are there for life. Don't lose their trust.