View Single Post
Old 12th September 2021, 11.40:01   #63-0 (permalink)
Foxy
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Next Generation of Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
When I was at Notts and Curzon Ashton games people were wearing masks granted not that many.

So if what your saying is 100% of people not wearing masks yesterday then I dunno unless you were in every part of each stand would you know this.

I purchased a season ticket as believed some people would use their common sense instead of the wonderful welsh / Uk governments advice which lets be honest has been a complete farce for 18 months. Don’t wear mask / wear mask / 2 meters / 1 meter / can’t go to bar / table service only / hop on one leg and go to bar and you’ll be fine!

Yes it’s not compulsory under the relevant government’s advice. I don’t buy this well it’s an outdoor setting whilst on one hand it is true most of the seats are under roofing.

Cinemas you need masks.
Buses / trains you need masks.
Shops you need masks.
Workplaces you need masks.

Pubs / Sports ah ditch those masks as no covid around these settings.
It’s non existent after all eh?

Plus also people aren’t wearing them queuing for refreshments , using the toilet which are indoor !
The research on masks as a useful weapon in preventing transmission isn’t convincing. One of the most extensive studies was in Denmark and it found that they have a marginal benefit , but the margins were within a statistical error range. Given that masks hide the key human function of facial communication, this limited scientific evidence questions the medical value of using them, most certainly outdoors.

However behavioural scientists will tell you that they have high value because they remind people about the pandemic and therefore influence cautious behaviour. My own view is that this is why they have been mandated , but that it comes with ethical issues - is it right to frighten people into adopting certain behaviours ? Does it in turn damage mental health ? That is, do the downsides on masks overide their benefits ? I think they do, especially outside.

It’s is also worth noting that of the 4 UK nations , England has currently the weakest restrictions in terms of masks, but it is England that is performing better in terms of cases.